Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Wednesday:
1. TRUMP TELLS AP HE WILL KEEP BANKING ON CHARISMA, RALLIES
“My best investment is my rallies” to help amass more support, the presumptive GOP nominee says in an exclusive AP interview. “The people go home, they tell their friends they loved it. It’s been good.”
2. SANDERS WINS WVA DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY
And Donald Trump won the GOP primaries in West Virginia and Nebraska.
3. WHO POLICE INTERVIEW IN PRINCE INVESTIGATION
Dr. Michael Todd Schulenberg treated the musician the day before he died April 21, according to a search warrant.
4. OBAMA SET TO BECOME FIRST SITTING US PRESIDENT TO VISIT HIROSHIMA
The president will not bear an apology, but plans to spotlight the toll of war and offer a “forward-looking vision” of a non-nuclear world, an adviser says.
5. SUSPECTS SAY THEY WERE TORTURED IN MISSING MEXICAN STUDENTS CASE
In court papers obtained by the AP, 10 of the suspects describe police interrogations of physical abuse and threats to extract forced confessions.
6. WHAT’S CONTRIBUTING TO IMMENSE WILDFIRES ACROSS GLOBE
Factors including climate change, land use and firefighting methods that leave more dead trees and brush to burn have fueled huge wildfires like the one that’s burned over 500,000 acres in Alberta, scientists say.
7. WHY SENATE REPUBLICANS CONFRONT FACEBOOK
They’re demanding an explanation after reports that the social networking service excluded links to conservative political stories.
8. NASA IDs 1,284 NEW PLANETS IN MILKY WAY
A fast, automated software system used by Princeton University confirms the exoplanets first detected by the Kepler Space Telescope.
9. AAA QUESTIONS MARIJUANA DUI STANDARDS
Motorists are being convicted of driving under the influence of marijuana based on arbitrary state standards that have no connection to driver impairment, the auto club says.
10. STEPHEN CURRY BECOMES FIRST-EVER UNANIMOUS NBA MVP
The Golden State point guard earns the award for the second straight season.