No injuries reported after microwave sparks house fire in Henrico

HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) – No injuries were reported in a Tuesday afternoon house fire in Henrico County.

Fire crews were called to a home in the 8000 block of Hermitage Road, near Lourdes Road, around 3:30 p.m. and quickly marked the blaze under control. Crews remained on scene to tend to hotspots.

Two people live at the home, but only one of them was home at the time of the fire and was able to safely escape.

(Photo courtesy Henrico Fire)

Photos showed significant damage to the home, but officials told 8News it is not a total loss.

The Henrico County Fire Marshal’s Office has ruled the fire accidental, originating from around a microwave that was in use at the time the fire began.

“Henrico Fire reminds everyone to never leave cooking food unattended,” the department said in a release.

Find 8News on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram; send your news tips to