(WRIC) — Recreational Boating Safety Manager, Stacey Brown visited the 8News Studio Saturday morning ahead of the 4th of July.
Before you take a boat out on the water, make sure your registration is up to date. You can beat the lines by registering online.
Keep safety in mind to prevent a boating accident with these tips:
- Avoiding distractions
- Taking a boating safety course
- Don’t drink and boat
- Be safe – be prepared in case a boating incident does happen by:
- Having the correct life jacket
- Having other safety equipment
- Using an engine cut-off switch
- Make sure you have your communications bases covered
- Have fun!
This is a developing story. Stay with 8News online and on air for the latest updates.