RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — There are several events going on throughout Central Virginia to celebrate Independence Day.
- July 4: The city is sponsoring fireworks at Dogwood Dell.
- July 4: The Richmond Flying Squirrels will have a fireworks show after their game.
- July 4: Red, White and Lights; Wear your red, white, and blue and enjoy the holiday at the park with patriotic activities for the whole family, food trucks, and performance by the Richmond Symphony with a laser light show finale. The show will “end with a bang” this year – a short fireworks display will accompany the music and lasers! Guests are encouraged to arrive early and bring a blanket or chair to enjoy the entertainment!
- July 4: Parade and celebration in Ashland. The parade will begin at 11:00 a.m. at Henry Clay Elementary School.
- July 4: Fireworks at the Chesterfield County Fairgrounds; The event, includes an activity area for children, food vendors, and special entertainment. Blankets or lawn chairs are recommended. The parking is limited and the roads leading to the fairgrounds will be closed when the parking lots are full.
- July 4: Fireworks display; The city will sponsor a fireworks display on July 4 in the vicinity of Charles Dimmock Parkway in Colonial Heights. Fireworks will start at approximately 9:15 pm. Viewing for the fireworks will be off Interstate 95, Exit 53 or 54 in the Southgate Square/Wal-Mart Area. Bring blankets and/or lawn chairs.
- July 1: Fireworks on the Appomattox: The City of Hopewell will celebrate Independence Day in style with a dazzling fireworks display on the Appomattox River. The fun begins at 8:30 p.m. with the fireworks display set for 9:45 p.m.
- July 4: Fun, Music and Fireworks; Celebrate your independence at Fort Lee’s annual Fourth at the Fort celebration on Tuesday, July 4 at Williams Stadium. The event begins at 5 p.m., with music, food and the KidZone (inflatables and games for the kids). The 392d Army Band will perform a rousing set of patriotic standards at 5:15 p.m, followed by country music singer/songwriter, Jackie Lee at 6:45 p.m. Maddie & Tae, the country music duo behind the chart-topping hit, “Girl In A Country Song,” will take the stage at 8:00 p.m. Fireworks will begin at 9:30 p.m. This event is free and open to the public.
- July 4: Fireworks display; Park and watch the fireworks from Goochland County Administration building, Goochland Elementary, Middle and High School.
- July 1: Stars and Stripes Spectacular; Join your family, friends, and neighbors for this hometown, all-day family event. Come for the music, come for the food or come for the fireworks! Special shuttle bus service from nearby locations is offered.