RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Whitney Harris tells you what’s going on this weekend in Central Virginia.
- They’re cruising and zooming to a place near you. Got a thing for motorcycles? Antiques? You can have both at the same time. Head on over Saturday to the Stony Point Fashion Park for a Vintage Bike Show. Choppers Inc. owner and bike builder Billy Lane will be there to judge the bikes and sign autographs. There will also be live music, face painting and more. The event is from noon to 6 p.m. starting at Dick’s Sporting Goods and heading to Saks Fifth Ave, the main event is at 9200 Stony Point Parkway in Richmond.
- Grab your yoga mat and Swan dive, sun salutation, downward dog or chaturanga your way to Peace Love RVA Yoga Festival. There will be music, local food, vendors and plenty of yoga. Head on over to Brown’s Island from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. for an afternoon of peace, love and yoga. Brown’s Island is located at the river on South 7th Street in Richmond.
- Stop by and meet your local farmers at the Real Local RVA’s 2nd Annual Farm Tour and Cookout from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. The event starts at Broadfork Farm. From there you’ll be shuttled to several other local farms, followed by a cookout with live music. Bring your lawn chairs or blanket! The first farm is at 9501 Deer Range Road in Moseley.
- Crispy, crunchy and sizzling just the way you like it.Treat your dad to some bacon today. Head on over to the 17th Street Famers Market for the 5th Annual Richmond Bacon Festival. This event is from noon to 5 p.m. and will feature 40 of RVA’s favorite restaurants including a food truck court and craft beer.
- The Father’s Day Weekend Celebration continues today at Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden. Take your dad to relax with live music and a cookout, plus remote control model boats on the lake. Don’t forget to check out Wild Art: A Journey off-canvas and Butterflies LIVE! while your there. The fun is from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on 1800 Lakeside Avenue in Henrico.
- If your dad loves motorcycles this is the event to take him to — The Vintage Bike Show. Choppers Inc. owner and bike builder Billy Lane will be there to judge the bikes and sign autographs. There will also be live music, face painting, and more. The event is from noon to 6 p.m. at Stony Point Fashion Park at 9200 Stony Point Parkway in Richmond.