HENRICO, Va. (WRIC) — A group of Henrico County high school seniors already have a career lined up after they complete school, making them today’s Positively Richmond.
Fifteen seniors will have teacher positions waiting for them when they graduate college. The program is a way to address the need for teachers in content areas where there aren’t enough qualified applicants.
The 2017 group includes:
• Mikayla Buckner, Deep Run High School
• Joshua Hafker, Deep Run High School
• Anna Keating, Deep Run High School
• Jaelyn Ford, Glen Allen High School
• Nancy Martin, Glen Allen High School
• Angel Beverly, Godwin High School
• Samantha Cohodas, Godwin High School
• Sabrina Duarte, Godwin High School
• Lauren Lemelin, Godwin High School
• Kinsey Martin, Godwin High School
• Marine Beausergent, JR Tucker High School
• Ariana Kopf, JR Tucker High School
• Evynn Nesbitt, JR Tucker High School
• Nicholas Cox, Highland Spring High School
• Special Childress, Varina High School
The students agree to earn a teaching degree. When they graduate, Henrico County Public Schools will guarantee them a position, along with $5,000.
Teacher-scholars agree to teach in Henrico County schools for at least three years and to be placed where they are most needed.