RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — The Richmond Flying Squirrels do not anticipate any issues with Opening Day despite an ominous weather forecast.
The Squirrels are set to open the 2017 season at The Diamond Thursday night.
Richmond will host the Hartford Yard Goats. The gates are set to open to the public at 5:30 p.m. and the first pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
The Flying Squirrels will start Dan Slania.
With the new season, The Diamond is adding new features:
- The Bistro at the Bullpen: An exclusive group area located the left line, directly on top of the action.The newest area seats between 50-75 guests and includes an all-you-can-eat buffet for the entire game.
- Top Dog Stand located on the Main Concourse directly behind Homeplate.
- Expanded menu in the picnic area and Little Caesar’s Party Pavilion.
- New seats in 3rd Base Pary Deck
- New Manager: Kyle Haines takes over the roll as Head Nut after spending the past two seasons as manager of the Salem-Keizer Volcanoes (short season).
- Improved Kid Zones! Basketball Pop-A-Shot Game added
- The Hardywood Park Lively Oak Craft Beer Bar: Expanded Hardywood and other craft beers on the first base side of the main concourse. Hardywood lineup includes: Pils, Single, VIPA, Great Return and rotating tap. Other taps at the Lively Oak are: Bold Rock IPA, Bold Rock, and COTU Music.
- Flying Squirrels Anthem: You can download the song of the summer HERE.
- The Gold Book: Flying Squirrels mini plan perfect for small business families. Includes 40 flexible tickts and 10 parking passes.
- Tip of the Cap Tuesdays: Nine free hat giveaways in 2017 (July 4 not included.
- K95 $1.95 Beverages on Friday’s.