RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Thousands of people flooded Richmond streets for St. Patrick’s Day events this weekend.
Starting at noon Friday, the Boulevard and Shockoe Bottom experienced significant road closures for both Shamrock the Block and the St. Patrick’s Day Street Party.
No parking zones were designated from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturday for the following road closures:
- North Boulevard between West Moore Street and West Broad Street
- West Leigh Street and West Clay Street between North Boulevard and Altamont Avenue
- West Marshall Street between North Boulevard and North Sheppard Street and all adjoining alleyways
- Myers Street between West Broad and West Leigh Streets
- West Moore Street between North Sheppard Street and North Boulevard
For the St. Patricks’s Day Street Party, no parking zones are designated on the 100 block of Virginia Street between East Cary and East Canal Streets. This area will be closed until 3 a.m. Sunday. Drivers should expect traffic delays along East Main, East Cary and East Canal, and South 14th Streets.
Residents are encouraged to avoid areas along these routes.
Richmond Police will be patrolling both areas to ensure the safety of all in attendance of the events.