HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Two adults and five children were displaced overnight in Henrico County’s east end when their house caught fire.
Fire crews were called to the 100 block of Echo Avenue early Sunday morning, and upon arrival, crews found flames coming through the roof and throughout the two-story home.
The amount of fire sparked concerns about the nearby houses catching fire so a request for two additional engines was made.
Officials are not sure if the family was at home at the time of the fire or if they had to escape the fire.
The family dog died as a result of the fire.
The fire is still under investigation and the family is being assisted by the Red Cross.
This is a developing story. Stay with 8News online and on air for the latest updates.