RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Firefighters in Richmond worked overnight battling a fire that displaced residents living in an apartment complex in the Forest Hill community.
The fire happened at Colonial Row Apartments, right across from Forest Hill Park around midnight.
Fire officials said that the fire affected multiple apartments and that it resulted from a grease fire in the kitchen of one that spread through an attic space.
In all, residents living in four apartments were displaced due to fire, smoke and water damage.
Otherwise, no residents or firefighters were injured in the fire.
This is a developing story. Stay with 8News online and on air for the latest updates.