Richmond Fire crews respond to kitchen fire at apartment above Waffle House

waffle

RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Richmond Firefighters respond to a kitchen fire at an apartment on W. Broad Street, Friday morning.

Just before 5:30 a.m., firefighters arrived at an Iron House Apartment above the Waffle House on W. Broad street. Fire crews said there were no flames, but a lot of smoke in the apartment that needed to be aired out. No one was hurt.

The renter told 8News that he accidentally fell asleep while cooking and woke up to find his kitchen filled with smoke.

This is a developing story. Stay with 8News online and on air for the latest updates.

Never miss another Facebook post from 8News

Find 8News on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram; send your news tips toiReport8@wric.com.