CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Two Chesterfield County residents have been displaced after a kitchen fire occurred in their home.
The Chesterfield County Fire Department said that they responded to a call Thursday afternoon after 4 p.m. to find smoke showing from the front door.
The fire occurred in the 7400 block of Kirkwall Drive.
The fire started on the stove in the kitchen as a result of a pan being left unattended on a burner.
Crews had the fire under control in 25 minutes.
One of the residents suffered a minor burn in the fire, but it did not require transport to the hospital.
This is a developing story. Stay with 8News online and on air for the latest updates.