RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — VCU Police received a third party report of a sexual assault that is said to have taken place in a residential facility on Oct. 28.
Police said that they do not know specifically where the assault took place but said that they believe the suspect is an acquaintance of the survivor.
Police received the report on Tuesday.
VCU students can report sexual assault using the following resources:
- VCU police have an online portal: http://www.reportingoptions.org/vcu-pd
- Call Emergency #: (804) 828-1234 (Ext. 8-1234 from a VCU campus phone)
- Non-Emergency#: (804) 828-1196
- VCUPD Sexual violence resources website: https://police.vcu.edu/sexual_violence/victim_witness_program.html
- Call Cpl. Tricia Mozingo, VCU Police Victim-Witness Specialist at (804) 828-1196, or email at email@example.com
This is a developing story. Stay with 8News online and on air for the latest updates.