RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — The ACLU of Virginia is encouraging Virginia voters who are denied access or have other problems at the polls this Election Day to call or write to them for help.
ACLU staff will take calls at 804-644-8080 and respond to emails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org throughout Election Day, Tuesday, November 8th.
Voters should be prepared to present an approved, valid form of photo ID to cast a vote.
Acceptable photo IDs include:
• Virginia Driver’s License or other Virginia DMV Photo ID (not expired more than 12 months),
• U.S. Passport (not expired more than 12 months),
• Other government-issued photo ID (must be issued by U.S. government, the Commonwealth of Virginia, or a political subdivision of the commonwealth),
• Valid student photo ID issued by a high school, college or university in Virginia,
• Employee photo ID
• Free Voter Photo ID Card (available at your local general registrar’s office, through Election Day).
For more information and a complete list of acceptable IDs, visit http://elections.virginia.gov/index.php/registration/photo-ids-required-to-vote/.
This is a developing story. Stay with 8News online and on air for the latest updates.