Richmond, Va. (WRIC) — Six students from five different Chesterfield County Public Schools have been chosen to participate in the Virginia Science and Technology Engineering and Applied Mathematics (STEAM) Academy’s summer program.
The students were selected out of a pool of more than 600 applicants across the state. The following students were selected:
- Ainsley Berney, Tomahawk Creek Middle
- Sydney Banks, Providence Middle
- Elizabeth Clover, Winterpock Elementary
- Alaina Rumrill, Robious Middle
- Mary Grace Walsh, Robious Middle
- Madison Williams, Swift Creek Middle
The program immerses students in STEAM content, applied learning and learning development.