Malfunctioning ventilation fan started house fire in Chesterfield County


CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A malfunctioning ventilation fan caused a house fire in Chesterfield on Wednesday night.

The Chesterfield County Department of Fire and Emergency Medical Services responded to 19506 Walker Avenue for a reported house fire at 6:19 p.m. Wednesday.

When fire crews arrived on the scene they saw fire coming through the roof. It took them approximately 25 minutes to get the fire under control.

At the time of the fire, the home was unoccupied. Chesterfield Fire Marshals determined the cause of the fire to be a malfunctioning ventilation fan in a second-floor bathroom.

This is a developing story. Stay with 8News online and on air for the latest updates.

Never miss another Facebook post from 8News

Find 8News on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram; send your news tips