CENTRAL VIRGINIA (WRIC) — Post-tropical cyclone Matthew is making its way back out to sea. While Richmond and the surrounding counties received minimal impacts, they did not escape unscathed.
As of 9 a.m. Monday, a little over 4,000 people were without power in Central Virginia.
About 1,000 of those outages were in Chesterfield County, 700 were in Henrico County and about 1,400 customers remain in the dark in the City of Richmond.
Beyond power outages, many roads are closed due to downed trees and power lines. There is also some flooding.
Below is a list of road closures caused by the storm:
- Elko Road (Va156) between Elko School Road and Elko Tract Road due to downed tree
- Chamberlayne Road (US301N) between East Parham Road; passable with care
- Charles City Road (Route 7723) near Hines Road due to downed tree
- Gotham Road (Route 2369W) near Dolfield Drive; Route 1989N/S due to tree blocking the road
- Edgeview Ln Route 4176S; between Normandstone Drive; Route 4177N/S and Framar Drive; Route 4170E/W due to downed tree
- Melody Road (Route 2308) between Shoremeade Road; Route 2338E/W and Downland Road; Route 2311N/S due to downed tree
- Gotham Road (Route 2369) near Dolfield Drive; Route 1989N/S due to downed tree
- Old Lewiston Road (Route 3410) near Vollie Road; Route 3414N/S due to downed tree
- Newbys Bridge Road (Route 651) between Courthouse Road, Route 604 and Qualla Road Route 653N/S due to flooding
- Bloomfield Road (Route 1741S) near Brentford Drive; Route1961E/W due to downed tree
- Kingsland Road (Route 611E) between Salem Church Road; Route 642N/S and Beulah Road; Route 641E/W due to flooding
- Old Gun Road W (Route 673S) between Oak Glade Drive; Route 1255E/W and Young Manor Drive; Route 1020E/W due to downed tree
- Bloomfield Road (Route1741N) near Brentford Drive; Route 1961E/W due to downed tree
- Old Lewiston Road (Route3410E) near Vollie Road; Route 3414N/S due to downed tree
- Percival Street (Route 1510S) near Gill Street; Route 1512N/S due to downed tree
- Sherbourne Road (Route 1608W) between Westwood St; Route 1611N/S and St George St; Route 1605N/S due to downed tree
- Route 1009S between Kings Lynn Road; Route 1010N/S and Olde Stonegate Road; Route 1008E/W due to downed tree
- Route 667N near Genito Road; Route 604E/W due to downed tree
- Route 746N between Walthall Drive; Route 891N/S and Port Walthall Drive; Port Walthatll Drive; Route 932E/W due to flooding
- Route 603W between Black Road; Clover Hill Road; Coalboro Road; Winterpock Road; Route 664N/S and Beach Road; Route 655E/W due to flooding
- Route 1009N between Kings Lynn Road; Route 1010N/S and Olde Stonegate Road; Route 1008E/W due to downed tree
- Route 667S near Genito Road; Route 604E/W due to downed tree
- 6800 Ghent Circle in Chesterfield County due to tree blocking the road
- VA-6W near River Road W; Route 676N/S due to downed trees and power lines
- Maidens Road (Route 634S) near Poor House Road; Route 633N/S due to downed trees
- Rock Castle Road (Route 600N) between Route 627E/W and Route 686E/W due to downed trees
Stay with 8News for updates about road closures, or check VDOT’s website.
This is a developing story. Stay with 8News online and on air for the latest updates.