LOUISA COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Louisa County authorities say that two people are dead after an early morning fire.
According to Fire/EMS Chief Keith Greene, four people were inside the house when the flames erupted Sunday in the 6500 block of Bibb Store Road.
A mother and her 2-year-old child managed to escape from the burning home. A man and a woman did not get out. Authorities have not released their names.
Chief Greene adds the mom suffered smoke inhalation as well as cuts from breaking a window to save her child.
He says a preliminary investigation leads firefighters to believe a kerosene heater may be to blame.
This is a developing story. Stay with 8News online and on air for the latest updates.