RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) – On Thursday, September 22, 2016, the City’s Office of Community Wealth Building will hold a Virtual Town Hall Meeting from 10 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
The Town Hall is being held to discuss ways to build on the coordinated strategy ignited by the Mayor’s Anti-Poverty Commission to reduce poverty and build community wealth.
For the fourth consecutive year, the city’s poverty rate has declined, after peaking in 2011. “While the city still faces an unacceptably high poverty rate of 24.6%, we’ve seen a consistent trend in the downward direction and this is something we want to continue and build on,” said Mayor Jones. “This Town Hall is another way for us to keep the conversation going and to keep the issue in front of people and to collaborate as well as coordinate our responses.”
Councilwoman Ellen F. Robertson and Office of Community Wealth Building Director, Reggie Gordon, will participate in the Town Hall. There are several options for participation including:
- If you have access to a computer, tablet or smartphone, then click here to register and view the event online.
- If you don’t have a computer, you can listen to the Town Hall on your phone by dialing in toll-free to 1-877-407-4035 (Enter passcode 13645685 when prompted).
- If you would rather participate in a more public setting, then join your neighbors at one of the locations listed below where the Town Hall will be broadcast.
“We believe that consistent input from the community is critical to our success,” Office of Community Wealth Building Director Reggie Gordon said. “This Virtual Town Hall helps make our office more accessible to all citizens and puts us in a position to receive valuable input that will help inform our work.”
Locations that will be broadcasting the Virtual Town Hall on Thursday, September 22nd
- All Richmond Public Library Locations
- Creighton Community Resource Center 2150 Creighton Road
- Whitcomb Community Resource Center 2106 Deforrest Street
- Mosby Community Resource Center 1536 Coalter Street
- The Center for Workforce Innovation 900 East Marshall Street
- Peter Paul Development Center 1708 N 22nd Street
If you have questions about the Virtual Town Hall, please call 646-3108. If you cannot participate on Thursday, the webcast will be available on the City’s website at (http://www.richmondgov.com/CommunityWealthBuilding/) on September 30, 2016.