Dryer fire displaces two in Chesterfield County

(Photo: Chesterfield Fire and EMS/Facebook)

CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Two adults living in Chesterfield County were displaced early Friday after a fire made their home uninhabitable.

Chesterfield Fire and Emergency personnel arrived at 20313 Stonewood Manor Drive around 12:45 a.m. Friday morning.

When they arrived, firefighters found heavy smoke coming from the front door and the attic. When they entered the building, the fire was discovered in a first-floor bathroom.

It took firefighters about twenty minutes to get the fire under control. Once the fire was put out, they were able to determine that the fire resulted from a malfunctioning clothes dryer.

No injuries were reported from the fire.

The two adults who lived in the residence are currently being assisted by the Red Cross.

This is a developing story. Stay with 8News online and on air for the latest updates.

Find 8News on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram; send your news tips to iReport8@wric.com.

Comments are closed.