CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Chesterfield County firefighters were called to Monacan High School early Wednesday morning due to smoke coming from the school.
Crews said it was not an active fire, but a smoldering fire in the insulation coming from the ceiling area. Fire crews then pulled out the insulation.
Chesterfield County Fire Marshals determined the fire started in the insulation as a result of some maintenance work that was being done at the school earlier in the day. There were no injuries reported and no damage was done to the building.
This is a developing story. Stay with 8News online and on air for the latest updates.