Fire crews battled electrical fire on Richmond’s Northside

RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — A Richmond home caught fire early Wednesday morning off of Edgewood Avenue.

Fire crews says it was an electrical fire that sparked and burned a room in the back part of the home and some power lines.

One of the residents of the home tells 8News he was working downstairs and his mom was sound asleep, when he heard a popping noise and suddenly smelled fire.

He then immediately ran upstairs, grabbed his mother, and exited the house without any injuries.

Find 8News on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram; send your news tips to iReport8@wric.com.

Comments are closed.