Resident smokes near oxygen compressor, causes fire in Richmond’s Church Hill

RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) —  City inspectors condemn a Church Hill home on North 24th Street after the back of the home erupted in flames.

Richmond fire officials tell 8News the resident admitted he was smoking inside and dropped his cigarette, which subsequently caused the fire.

No injuries were reported, but the two people living in the home will be displaced.

This is a developing story. Stay with 8News online and on air for the latest updates.

Find 8News on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram; send your news tips to iReport8@wric.com.

 

Comments are closed.