CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A man has been arrested and charged in connection to five robberies in Chesterfield County.
Police have arrested a man in relation to several recent commercial robberies and attempted commercial robberies on Woodpecker Road.
Tips from the public helped police identify the suspect as 21-year-old Christopher G. L. Jones Jr.
Jones, of the 7900 block of Serena Lane in Chesterfield, was arrested on Sunday, May 8. Detectives obtained warrants for Jones for three counts of robbery, two counts of attempted robbery and three counts of use of a firearm in the commission of a felony.
Jones has been charged in relation to the following incidents:
- the April 24 robbery of the Food Lion at 20821 Woodpecker Road;
- the April 24 attempted robbery of the Burger King at 20867 Woodpecker Road;
- the May 4 robbery of the Dollar General at 20829 Woodpecker Road;
- the May 5 attempted robbery at the Burger King at 20867 Woodpecker Road;
- and the May 5 robbery of the King’s FastMart at 20867 Woodpecker Road.
Jones is currently being held at the Chesterfield County Jail without bond.