RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — This week, Basket is partnering with Uber to provide free rides to shoppers getting to and from the grocery store of their choice.
Basket is a smart shopping list that tells you where to shop based on real-time prices and sales for grocery and everyday items.
“The founding vision of Basket was to make shopping easier for consumers,” Basket’s website reads. “The vision is becoming reality as our community has grown to thousands of shoppers using the Basket app that prefer to buy their favorite brands at nearby stores because they have access to previous unavailable information on Basket about offline and online store prices, sales, and availability.”
Along with Uber, the company is now offering free rides to and from the store for a limited time.
“We’re really excited to partner with Uber to continue realizing our vision to make shopping easier for shoppers. One of the top frustrations we hear from shoppers is their lack of reliable transportation resulting in only buying what they can carry,” said Neil Kataria, founder and CEO of Basket.
Here’s how it works:
- Download the Basket app and create an account.
- Start adding items to your shopping basket.
- When your basket is complete, compare the price for your full basket at local stores.
- Click the “Ride there with Uber” button and you’ll be taken over to the Uber app.
- Request a ride as you normally would.
- For a limited time only, rides to and from the store are free.
- When you are ready to head home from the store, repeat steps 4 and 5.
Click here for additional terms and conditions.
“Our partnership with Basket makes the full grocery shopping experience more seamless and empowers shoppers with access to the products they want at the best possible prices,” said Annaliese Rosenthal, General Manager of Uber Virginia.