RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Whether it’s the roar of the crowd for the latest fashion trends or the roar of the engines from NASCAR, one thing’s for sure, Richmond will be making noise this weekend.
Below is a list of events happening this weekend.
Feel the rhythm at the 3rd annual Richmond Dance Festival presented by the Dogtown Dance Theater.
National and local dancer and musicians will perform during this three-weekend event.
View a variety of performances from modern dance to aerial arts.
- When: Friday, April 22, April 29, and May 6, at 8 p.m.
- Where: Dogtown Dance Theatre. 109 West 15th Street, Richmond, Va. 23224
- Cost: $10 – $15
This weekend head down to Shiplock Park in Shockoe Bottom to celebrate Earthday.
The day is filled with loads of events including a 5k race, kayak rides on the James, a hip hop dance class and more.
Food, beverages, and merchandise from local vendors will be available to purchase.
There will be free shuttle service between the 17th Street Farmers’ Market to the park.
- Where: Great Shiplock Park, 2803 Dock Street, Richmond, Va. 23223
- When: Saturday, April 23, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Cost: General Admission is Free
If you’re creative, look good in a hat or just want to help a worthy cause attend The Doorways’ Fancy Hat Party.
Guest can enjoy a nice lunch, hat contest, and fashion show.
This event started as a way to supply cancer patients, who get cold during and after their cancer treatments, with hats to keep warm. Now this event not only raises money for hats but it also provides meals, transportation, and emotional support to cancer patients and their families.
Click here for ticket information.
- When: Friday, April 22 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Where: Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa, 12042 West Broad Street, Henrico Va. 23233
The four words RVA racing fans have been waiting for… Drivers start your engines.
This weekend Richmond welcomes NASCAR to the Richmond Raceway complex.
See some of your favorite drivers tear up the track during the NASCAR Sprint Cup and NASCAR XFINITY Series.
Click here for schedules and ticket prices.
- When: Friday, April 22, at 11 a.m., Saturday, April 23 at 12:30 p.m., and Sunday, April 24 at 1 p.m.
- Where: Richmond International Raceway Complex, Old Dominion Building, 600 East Laburnum Avenue, Richmond, Va 23222
Prince fans can view a free screening of “Purple Rain” at the Ashland Theatre.
Prince stars in the lead role as “The Kid,” a talented musician who tries to launch his band, The Revolution, into stardom.
The band runs into some problems due to personal issues and conflict with management.
If you’ve never seen the film this could be a great opportunity to see a pop culture classic.
You can pick up tickets the day of the show at starting at 6 p.m. or you can reserve a ticket on the theater’s website.
When: Saturday, April 23 at 7 p.m., Doors open at 6 p.m.
Where: 205 England Street, Ashland, Va 23005
Forget New York, Paris, and Milan we have the next big trends here in Richmond. Come see them at the RVA Fashion Week Emerging Designers Fashion Show.
Fashionistas see what the summer has in store as models sashay down the runway in outfits created by local designers.
RVA Fashion Week began in 2008 by a group of VCU students. Since then the group has been dedicated to working to display Richmond’s style and creativity.
- When: Friday, April 22 at 6 p.m.
- Where: Hoffheimer Building, 2816 West Broad Street, Richmond, Va 23230
- Cost: $26.62
Click here to view other events happening this weekend.