Resident suffers smoke inhalation in Fan District fire

RICHMOND (WRIC) – Richmond fire crews are investigating a fire at a Fan District condominium building Sunday afternoon.

Crews responded to the 400 block of North Allen Avenue, near Lee Circle, just after 1 p.m. Crews encountered smoke and fire coming from the third floor of the building. The fire was marked under control after just a few minutes.

One resident suffered minor smoke inhalation during the incident. It appears that the fire originated in a kitchen area, according to investigators on scene.

Stay with 8News for updates.

Comments are closed.