HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Henrico fire officials say a family and their overnight guests were able to escape their home after a house fire broke out early Thursday morning.
Four adults and five children safely made it out. The family was alerted to the fire by working smoke detectors.
Fire crews responded to the report of the house fire in the 1600 block of Graves Road at 3:03 a.m. Units arrived in less than six minutes to find smoke coming from the eaves of the home. The fire was quickly contained and marked under control about 23 minutes later.
The fire was determined to be accidental in nature and related to an overheated fan in the range hood in the kitchen. The family was able to stay in their home after fire department operations were complete because the fire was found early, minimizing the damage to the home.