RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — This weekend is all about moving at top speed. There are plenty of races you and your family can participate in or just sit back and watch.
Below is a list of events for this weekend.
It’s time for the 8th Annual 5K Run for the Hill race. Runners at any level are welcome to participate, even your four legged friend. There will be prizes for the fastest man, woman, child, and dog. The 5K will take place around the Forest Hill area and in Forest Hill Park.
Walk-up registration will be available before the run on the Saturday, March 19th.
- When: Saturday, March 19, at 9 a.m.
- Where: Stone House in Forest Hill Park, 4021 Forest Hill Ave, Richmond, VA 23225
The Richmond Coliseum will transform into a high-banked race track. Come see stock cars fly around the hockey rink-sized track.
In between the racing action, there is music, spectator contests, T-shirt cannons, and prizes.
Come early to meet the drivers an hour before the race.
- When: Friday, March 18 at 7 p.m.
- Where: Richmond Coliseum, 601 E Leigh St, Richmond, VA 23219
- Cost: $14-16
The Easter Bunny is making a special appearance at the Colonial Heights High School first “Bunny Bazaar”. The event will host a variety of crafters and vendors offering gift ideas and items for sale.
This family friendly event will include shopping for the adults and Bunny pictures for the children. The event is free and $2 for a picture with the Easter Bunny.
- When: Saturday, March 19, 2016 from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Where: Colonial Heights High School in the Cafeteria, 3600 Conduit Road in Colonial Heights.
- Cost: General admission is free
RVA get ready for River City Racing Flyball Tournament. This is a two-day flyball tournament where teams of four dogs, run, jump and catch balls while racing against another team in a side by side. The first team to have all four dogs completes the course, wins. Think field day for dogs.
- When: Saturday and Sunday, March 19 and March 20, starting at 7:30 a.m.
- Where: Chesterfield County Fairgrounds, 10300 Courthouse Rd, Chesterfield, VA 23832
- Cost: Free
UniverSoul Circus is coming to the Richmond Raceway Complex. For 23 years, the show has offered music, incredible circus acts, fun and this years is no different.
You’ll see acts from all over the world including; Caribbean dancers from Trinidad, acrobats and high-flying trapeze artists from China, mind-boggling contortionists from Ethiopia, funny clowns from South Africa and Guinea, lions, zebra and much more.
Click here to tickets and show times.
- When: Friday – Sunday, March 18- March 27
- Where: Richmond Raceway Complex, 600 East Laburnum Avenue, Richmond, VA 23222
- Cost: $20 – $35