RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — The nicer the weather gets the more RVA comes alive. This weekend you could party on the the Boulevard or experience culture from the other side of the world.
Here’s a list of some events happening this weekend.
The 1st Annual Shockoe Bottom Blarney Bash kicks off this weekend at the 17th Street Farmer’s Market. Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day!
- When: Saturday, March 12 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Rain date is Sunday, March 13)
- Where: 17th Street Farmers’ Market, 100 N. 17th St.
- Cost: Free entry, pay as you go for drinks and food
This year Shamrock the Block is taking place on the Boulevard (between Broad Street and Leigh Street). Put on something green and have a good time with old friends and possibly meet some new friends.
The event is not just for adults. There is a kid area with face painting, games and more. Everyone is invited even your four legged friends.
Parking may be limited. Some parking meters are free on the weekends in the Boulevard area. If you live in the Fan or Museum Districts, walking to the event is recommended.
- When: Saturday, March 12 from 11 a.m. – 5 p.m
- Where: 1200 North Boulevard, Richmond, Va. 23230
- Cost: General admission is free but you have to pay for food and drinks
This weekend enjoy the look, tastes and sounds of Ghana at GhanaFest. The event will feature culture displays, live music and of course Ghanaian cuisine.
The festival is produced by Sankofa Foundation Incorporated in order to celebrate Ghana’s Independence and culture through music, dance, arts and craft, food, storytelling and various forms of entertainment.
Sankofa Foundation Incorporated is a US non-profit organization set up to educate the community about African culture.
Proceeds from the event will support programs for US children’s cultural education programs.
- When: Friday-Saturday, March 12- March 13 from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Where: Richmond International Raceway, Old Dominion Building, 600 E. Laburnum Avenue, Richmond, Va. 23222
- Cost: General Admission is free. Food and merchandise will be available for purchase.
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day early at St. Paddy’s Palooza in Innsbrook. Enjoy moon bounces, pony rides, live music and Irish dancers.
Food will be provided by Grapevine Restaurant, Gregory’s Grill, Sticks Kebob, Sweet Lew’s Kettle Corn and Gelati Celeste.
This is a family friendly event to support the St. Baldrick’s Foundation, a national volunteer-driven charity dedicated to funding research to find cures for childhood cancers.
Come dressed in green and support a great cause!
- When: Saturday, March 12 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Where: Innsbrook Pavilion, 4901 Lake Brook Dr., Glen Allen, Va. 23060
- Cost: General admission is free.
Lions, tigers and bears, oh my! Pack the kids in the car and head down to the Richmond Coliseum. The circus is back in town. Ringling Bros. and Barnam-Bailey Circus presents “CIRCUS XTREME.”
“XTREME” is meant to awaken the spirit of children of all ages and stir the imagination of your family.
Click here for showtimes:
- When: Friday – Sunday, March 11 – March 13
- Where: Richmond Coliseum, 601 E Leigh St, Richmond, Va. 23219
- Cost: Tickets start at $15