RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — A Henrico man wanted in connection with the murder of Nathaniel Bullock earlier this week surrendered to authorities Friday morning at the Richmond Justice Center.
24-year-old Miquel D. Olivis of the 400 block of Newbridge Terrace in Henrico County was arrested without incident and charged with first-degree murder and use of a firearm in the commission of a felony. Both charges are felonies.
“Richmond Police detectives thank the community for the numerous tips and information provided which led to this arrest, and the U.S. Marshals Regional Fugitive Task Force for its assistance in the search for Olivis,” the department said in a release.
At approximately 7:12 a.m. on February 22, officers were called to an apartment complex in the 3000 block of Chamberlayne Avenue for a report of a man down. They found 26-year-old Nathaniel A. Bullock of the 3000 block of Chamberlayne Avenue lying in the parking lot. He had been shot in the head. He was transported to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead at 7:41 a.m.
Witnesses said they heard a loud argument followed by gunfire. There is no connection between this homicide and the double homicide that occurred two days prior on Saturday, February 20 in the 2900 block of Chamberlayne Avenue.
Detectives ask anyone with information about this case is asked to call Major Crimes Detective Jeffrey Crewell at (804) 646-5324.