Discarded smoking material causes fire on Northbury Ave in Henrico

HENRICO, Va (WRIC) – Henrico Fire units remained on scene on Northbury Ave Sunday morning for several hours. After extinguishing the fire units remained on scene to assist the homeowner with salvage work on the home.

The exterior of the home was closed up with heavy duty plastic sheeting. And the interior was sealed to allow the homeowner to remain in the home.

The cause of the fire was determined to have been accidental in nature and due to discarded smoking materials outside.

Stay with 8News for any updates.

Comments are closed.