Quick thinking teacher helps to extinguish fire at Chesterfield church

CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A fire at a Chesterfield church was quickly extinguished thanks to quick thinking.

Fire crews responded to a report of fire at Huguenot Baptist Church, 10525 W. Huguenot Road, just before 9 a.m. Once on scene, crews found an overheated light in the gymnasium, which melted a light cover and fell.

A teacher at the church put the flames out with a fire extinguisher.

Fire officials say quick thinking helped keep the issue to a minimum and the fire was marked under control quickly.

No one was injured.

Stay with 8News for any updates.

Comments are closed.