RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Looking for something to do this weekend? 8News has you covered.
Below is a list of events happening this weekend.
The 32nd annual Dominion Christmas Parade is an event for the whole family. It will start at the Science Museum and continues east to 7th Street. The parade will have holiday floats, marching bands, huge helium balloons, and of course Santa Claus.
- When: Saturday, December 5, beginning at 10:15 a.m.
- Where: Best viewing areas will be between the Science Museum on Broad Street to the Richmond Coliseum near 7th Street
The Rotary Club of West Richmond and the Richmond Flying Squirrels will team up for the 4th annual Nutzy Rotary Funn Run! It is a 5K race benefiting local children’s charities: UMFS, The Central Virginia Children’s Book Bank and The Flying Squirrels Charities.
- When: Saturday, December 5 at 8:30 a.m.
- Where: The Diamond, 3001 N Boulevard, Richmond, Va.
- Click here to register
Go ahead and bring out your “fugly” sweaters for a great cause. The Center of the Universe has teamed up with The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Team in Training to host this great event. There will be a best sweater contest, silent auction, live music, food trucks, and of course delicious brews.
- When: Saturday, December 5, 4 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Where: Center of the Universe Brewing Company, 11293 Air Park Road, Ashland, Va.
Gayton Baptist Church is hosting a Jazz Nativity featuring David Esleck. It is a jazz musical centered around the Christmas season. Proceeds from a Jazz Nativity will go to Feed My Starving Children.
- When: Friday, December 4 at 7 p.m., Saturday, December 5 at 4 p.m. and 7 p.m., Sunday, December 6 at 4 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- Where: Gayton Baptist Church, 13501 North Gayton Road, Henrico, Va. 23233
- Click here for ticket pricing