Richmond Fire responds to propane leak at storage company

RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — A HAZMAT team responded to the Cofer Storage Company after a propane leak.

According to Richmond Fire, there were no injuries and no major hazards. Employees shut the tank off before crews even arrived at 2929 Cofer Road in Richmond.

The cause of the leak was determined to be a forklift operator who forgot to disconnect a refueling line before driving off which caused a break in the line.

Stay with 8News for any updates.

20151201_113307

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s