RICHMOND, VA. (WRIC) — Convenience is one of the biggest draws for online shoppers heading into Black Friday; just a few clicks and your order is on its way.
By doing your research and using some easy tips, you can benefit even more from the early holiday savings.
Here are some tips for your best Black Friday:
- Know when the sales start
- The most common start times for Black Friday deals are at Midnight and 5 a.m. to 6 a.m.
- Add Items to your cart
- If you see something you want online, put it in your virtual shopping cart. When the sale goes live, you can get it before it’s gone. Many Black Friday deals go live before the stores even open.
- Look for free shipping and In-Store Pickup to maximize your savings
- Look out for in-store coupon codes by texting a code or connecting to the store Wi-Fi
- Google’s Honey Chrome extension finds coupons and promo codes from your own web browser.
- Use price comparison tools
- Options like ‘ShopGenius’ or ‘InvisibleHand’ run on your computer while you are shopping online. If what you are about to buy is cheaper at another retailer, they alert you before you purchase.
- Compare prices
- Perhaps most important, compare deals between retailers. Most stores will match or beat prices in-store and online.