RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Be prepared! Several streets will close throughout the city for the Richmond Marathon on Saturday.
Here are the closures you should be aware of:
- Broad Street (both eastbound and west bound) between Fourth Street and North Boulevard will be closed from 4 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Grace Street will be closed between Boulevard and Allen Avenue from 4 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Lombardy Street between Brook Road and West Grace Street will be closed from 4 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Westmoreland between Monument Avenue and Grove Avenue will be closed from 4 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- The Huguenot Bridge will be closed to all traffic from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Belvidere Street northbound at Grace Street will be closed from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Belvidere Street southbound between Broad and Grace streets will be closed from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- The southbound exit ramp from the Powhite Parkway to Forest Hill Avenue from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- The northbound entrance ramp from the westbound Forest Hill Avenue onto the Powhite Parkway will be closed from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- East Grace Street between Third and Sixth streets will be a two-way traffic pattern from 4 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sixth Street between Canal and Cary streets will be a two-way traffic pattern from 4 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- East Canal Street between Fifth and Sixth streets will be a two-way traffic pattern from 4 a.m. to 5 p.m.
There will also be numerous and intermittent lane closures along the Marathon, Half Marathon & 8K routes, including closures on Broad Street, North Boulevard, Monument Avenue, Grove Avenue, Maple Avenue, Cary Street Road, River Road, Scottsview Drive, Forest Hill Avenue, Semmes Avenue, the Lee Bridge, Belvidere Street, West Main Street., Hermitage Road, Fauqier Avenue and Brook Road.
Drivers are encouraged to use extreme caution when entering these roadways or making turns across the race course.