Hungry dog starts kitchen fire

WATERBURY, Conn. (WTNH) — A hungry dog in Waterbury, Connecticut nearly burnt down his owner’s home for a slice of pizza.

The family was entertaining friends in the other room and put two pizzas on top of their gas stove. For one of their labs, the hunger was too much to bear. The pup stuck his head into the pizza box to have a quick bite. As he does that, his paw hits the igniter on the stove and set the pizza box on fire.

Lucky his owners smelled the smoke and quickly put out the fire before there was any major damage.

The family says this is a reminder for all to not put things on stove tops. They also say they have now put child safety locks on their stove knobs.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s