RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — 8News will Walk to End Alzheimer’s with the Alzheimer’s Association Staff and Friends walk group on Saturday.
Come meet the 8News crews and walk with hundreds of other people to help find a cure for the disease.
- When: Saturday, November 6, registration begins at 8:30 a.m. and the walk begins at 10:00 a.m.
- Where: Innsbrook (Markel Plaza) 4600 Cox Road, Glen Allen, VA 23060
- How: Click here to register for the walk or get information from the Walk to End Alzheimer’s website.
Below is a list of other Great 8 Happenings this weekend.
People from all over will come together to share their Brunswick Stew masterpieces at the 17th Street Farmers Market. Brunswick Stew is always a hit during the fall. The festival will also have fall themed craft beers. Stouts and porters will also be available for sample or full pour.
- When: Saturday, November 6, 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Where: 17th Street Farmers Market, 100 N 17th St, Richmond, Va. 23219
- How much: Stew samples cost $1 and quart prices vary by vendor. Stout and porter samples cost $2, and full pours are $6.
This Broadway show has found its way to Richmond! NEWSIES is filled with high energy singing and dancing that is sure to leave you delighted. The plot is inspired by real events: Publishers raised the price of papers, so the city’s newsboys went on strike. 8News Anchor Amy Lacey had a chance to get a look behind the scenes.
- When: Saturday, November 6 at 2:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m., and Sunday at 1 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
- Where: The Altria Theatre, 6 N Laurel St, Richmond, Va. 23220
- How much: Click here for ticket prices.
Take your whole family to enjoy train day. There will be music, games, model trains, children’s train rides, food, railroad related vendors, displays and so much more.
- When: Saturday, November 6, 10: a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Where: 210 S. Railroad Ave., Ashland, Va.
- How much: Free