Firefighters clear scene at Richmond PACE Center after carbon monoxide alarm

RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — The Richmond PACE Center was evacuated Thursday morning due to a carbon monoxide alarm.

Crews have cleared the scene at 1302 Mactavish Avenue. Firefighters determined the source was a hot water heater.

Officials say some people at the PACE Center showed signs of ‘small’ symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning. They were evaluated by medical crews on scene before they were cleared. No one was transported to any hospitals.

Any patients that were coming to the PACE Center Thursday morning were turned away due to the evacuation.

Stay with 8News for updates to this developing story.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s