RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Fall is a beautiful season that comes with many fun activities.
Two of the main activities people enjoy during the fall is going on a hay ride or going to a pumpkin patch to choose the biggest pumpkin.
8News has compiled a list of both activities happening in the Richmond area.
- Chesterfield Berry Farm: This pumpkin patch has free admission, but customers will have to pay by the pound for their pumpkin.
- Where: 26002 Pear Orchard, Moseley, Va. 23120
- When: Thursdays 2:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m., Fridays 2:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m., Saturdays 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Sundays 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- How much: Free admission, will have to pay by the pound for pumpkins
- Ashland Berry Farm: Enjoy pumpkin picking in October with free hayrides to and from the field. This farm also has haunted evenings for the older kids and adults.
- Where: 12607 Old Ridge Road, Beaverdam, Va. 23015
- When: Mondays – Fridays 1 p.m. – 6 p.m., Saturdays and Sundays 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- How much: Visit the farm’s website for a list of prices
- Lloyd Family Farms: This pumpkin patch has a corn maze, pony rides, horse farm, hay rides, and tasty treats. They also do face painting for all ages.
- Where: 12204 Pinhook Road, Rockville, Va.
- When: Fridays 1 p.m. – 6 p.m., Saturday and Sundays 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- How much: General admission $5, kids 2-years-old and younger are free, Pumpkins are available to purchase
- Boulevard Flower Gardens: Enjoy a variety of activities that include a barrel train, hayrides, moon bounce, face painting, giant slide, pony rides, straw maze, goat grain, and now introducing a toddler inflatable. They also have kettle corn, pick your own pumpkins, and specialty pumpkins.
- Where: 2100 Ruffin Mill Road, South Chesterfield, Va. 23834
- When: Monday – Friday 2 p.m. – 6 p.m., Saturday 9:30 a.m. – 6 p.m., Sunday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- How much: Free admission
- Gallmeyer Farms: Do some pumpkin picking or a free activity including hayrides, spooky house tours, the romping pile or the straw bale maze!
- Where: 4506 Millers Lane, Richmond, 23231
- When: 8 a.m. until dusk, seven days a week through 10/31
Looking for more? Click here.