- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The CMA Awards Show Getaway (the “Promotion”) is sponsored by Young Broadcasting of Richmond, Inc. d/b/a WRIC-TV (“WRIC”) and Alpha Media Richmond, VA, LLC d/b/a WLFV-FM/WARV-FM (98.9 The WOLF) (“9 The WOLF”) (together, the “Promotion Parties”). Promotion is only offered in the WRIC viewing area in the following Virginia counties or independent cities: Amelia, Brunswick, Buckingham, Caroline, Charles City, Chesterfield, Cumberland, Dinwiddie, Essex, Fluvanna, Goochland, Greensville, Hanover, Henrico, King and Queen, King William, Lancaster, Louisa, Lunenburg, Middlesex, New Kent, Northumberland, Nottoway, Orange, Powhatan, Prince Edward, Prince George, Richmond (County & Independent City), Spotsylvania, and Sussex (the “Promotion Area“). Void outside the Promotion Area and where prohibited.
- Promotion is subject to all federal, state and local laws. WRIC shall be entitled to interpret these Official Rules as needed — including but not limited to rules regarding entries, deadlines, winner selection, prize restrictions, and eligibility — and all of its decisions are final. By entering, you irrevocably, fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules and waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules and or any other Promotion-related advertising or materials.
- Promotion begins on September 28, 2015. Entry deadline is October 12, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”). Drawing to determine potential winner will be held October 13, 2015. WRIC’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing information to WRIC and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for administration of the Promotion and as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules. Any questions that you have about this Promotion must be directed to WRIC and not to Facebook.
- Winner will be issued an IRS 1099 MISC tax form (or its equivalent) for the ARV of the prize awarded if required and is solely and exclusively responsible for any and all state, federal or local income taxes that may result from his or her acceptance of prize.
- To be eligible, each entrant must be at least eighteen (18) years old and a legal resident of the Promotion Area (above). You must have an active Facebook account prior to the start of this Promotion to be eligible.
- Employees of WRIC, 98.9 The WOLF, Media General, Inc., American Broadcasting Company (“ABC”), Country Music™ Association, Inc., the Country Music Hall of Fame® & Museum, any other entity directly involved in the development or administration of this Promotion, and the members of their immediate families (defined as spouses, parents, siblings and children, and the “steps” and “in-laws” of each) and households, are not eligible to enter or win. The term “household” includes all persons residing together in a single residence, whether or not related.
- In addition, you are not eligible to win a prize in this Promotion if you have won and received a prize in any WRIC-sponsored promotion in the sixty (60) days prior to the date of any prize notification in this Promotion.
Prize & ODDS
- Grand Prize (1): Roundtrip airfare (coach or economy class) for winner and one (1) guest from Richmond, Virginia to Nashville, Tennessee, including transfers in Nashville, two (2) nights’ hotel accommodations (single standard room/double occupancy) for winner and guest, two (2) tickets (general reserved seating) to The 49th Annual CMA Awards,” at the Bridgestone Arena, 501 Broadway, Nashville, Tennessee on November 4, 2015 at 8:00 p.m. ET (the “Show”), two (2) tickets (general admission) to the Country Music Hall of Fame® & Museum, 222 5th Avenue South, Nashville, Tennessee, one (1) $500 check card, and one (1) gift bag. All travel elements and Show tickets must be used together and during the week of November 2, 2015. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV“): $3,650.
- The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- Actual value of prize or prize component may vary depending on industry and/or seasonal fluctuations. If actual value of prize awarded is less than the ARV stated above, winner will not be entitled to any compensation or reimbursement for difference in value.
- Reservations: Hotel accommodations are subject to availability and confirmation of reservations, are subject to change without notice, and may not be combined with any other offer. Blackout dates may apply. Schedules, travel dates and hotel accommodations are subject to change without notice. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any air or ground transportation.
- Air Travel: Prize trip travel and seat selection are subject to availability and confirmation of reservations. Travel may be capacity controlled and seats may not be available on all flights or in all markets. No refunds or credit for changes are allowed. Prize ticket travel may not be combined with any other offer and will not accrue frequent flyer points. Stopovers/Upgrades/Wait-listing/Open Returns may not be permitted for tickets booked with prize certificate. Prize tickets are non-transferable, are not redeemable for cash and are void if sold or bartered. The sale or barter of tickets obtained through redemption of prize certificates or vouchers is also prohibited. Any tickets obtained through such sale or barter are void and will not be honored for travel.
- Guest: Guest must be at least eighteen (18) years old or accompanied by a parent or legal guardian and may be required (or his/her parent or legal guardian may be required) to sign liability waiver and/or publicity release prior to receipt of prize tickets and travel documents and/or confirmation of reservations. Winner and his or her guest must travel on same itinerary and use the tickets or passes together.
- Travel Documents: Winner and his or her guest are solely responsible for obtaining, at their own expense, any picture identification necessary for travel and any travel insurance or any other form of insurance desired and to be in possession of all necessary travel documents at the time and point of departure. Carrier may deny boarding to any passengers without proper documentation. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any air or ground transportation.
- Other: All travel-related elements of prize must be used on the dates and times set forth above in the prize description or on any tickets or passes. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these official Rules, and those set forth by any selected transportation carrier as detailed in the relevant passenger ticket contract. Other restrictions apply.
- All Show and museum tickets are valid only on the dates and times set forth above in the prize description or on the tickets or passes. Exact seat locations (if applicable) will be determined by Show venue. Use of passes or tickets is subject to all rules, regulations, policies and restrictions of venue and/or museum. Visit bridgestonearena.com or call (615) 770-2000 for more information about the Show venue; visit countrymusichalloffame.org or call (615) 416-2001 for more information about the museum. Promotion Parties will not be responsible for weather, acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, labor or other strike or work stoppage, or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of the Show or closure in inaccessibility of museum or other inability to use prize tickets or passes and the terms and conditions of the tickets or passes will govern in such event. Promotion Parties will not replace any lost, stolen or damaged prize tickets, passes, vouchers or similar items once they are in possession of winner or guest.
- Winner and his or her guest agree to comply with all applicable venue and/or museum regulations and policies in connection with the prize or any prize component and acknowledge that venue and/or museum may remove or deny entry to winner or guest who engages in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other venue and/or museum visitor, guest, employee or other person, or in any other way that violates any venue and/or museum policies.
- Gift card prize component is subject to all terms and conditions thereon as well as any additional limitations or restrictions imposed by issuer. Visit visa.com for more information.
- All prize details shall be at WRIC’s sole discretion. Winner assumes sole responsibility for all expenses and incidental costs associated with the prize not explicitly outlined above, including without limitation, all federal, state and local taxes (if any), surcharges, fees, additional lodging/transportation expenses, transfers, airline or airport fees, security fees, baggage charges, passport expenses, passenger tariffs or duties, trip or travel insurance, service or facility charges, excursions, sightseeing, upgrades, resort services, room service, laundry service, spa treatments, local and long distance telephone calls, Internet access, and personal items. Hotel or resort may require valid major credit card or cash deposit for incidentals. Any person who wins prizes through any WRIC-sponsored promotions with cumulative value equal to or greater than $600 in a calendar year will receive an IRS 1099 Form.
- Prize is not redeemable for cash and may not be sold, bartered or auctioned. The right to receive prize is not transferrable. Prize or portion thereof not accepted by winner is forfeited and no cash or substitute will be offered or permitted. Prize may not be substituted except that WRIC in its discretion may substitute a prize, or portion thereof, with a prize or portion of equal or greater value if it deems necessary. Any such changes will be announced.
- Prize offered is provided “as is” with no warranty or guarantee either express or implied by Promotion Parties. Merchandise prize or prize component carries no warranty other than that offered by manufacturer. Promotion Parties have neither made nor are responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Other restrictions apply.
- Entries will be accepted beginning September 28, 2015 at 12:01 a.m. ET and ending October 12, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. ET. You must have an active Facebook account prior to the start of this Promotion to be eligible. To enter, visit facebook.com/8News (the “Promotion Page”) and follow the instructions to complete an official entry form with all required information, which may include your name, e-mail address, phone number, and age or date of birth. Entries will not be accepted via any other method.
- Bonus Entries: Once you have completed your entry, you will be presented with the opportunity to earn bonus entries (each, a “Bonus Entry”) by following the instructions provided and sharing the Promotion with friends with whom you have existing relationships via one (1) or more various social media platforms who subsequently enter the Promotion through your shared URL. You will earn five (5) Bonus Entries for each friend who timely and properly enters through your shared URL as long you are using the “sharing” functionality provided via the contest app at the Promotion Page.
- All entries must be received by WRIC no later than October 12, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt by WRIC will not accept screen shots as proof of entry.
- Limit one (1) entry per person per day. For entry limit purposes, a “day” begins at 12:00:01 a.m. ET and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET. Additional entries received from any such person thereafter will be subject to disqualification. There is no limit on the number of Bonus Entries you may receive. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed, script, macro, or any other automated means or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, contest-entry services or multiple or different e-mail addresses, identities, registrations, Facebook accounts or logins) are prohibited and will void all entries submitted by that entrant. No group submissions will be accepted.
- Entries must be associated with a valid Facebook account and e-mail address for the entrant. WRIC is not responsible for voice or electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of call blocking of any kind or inability to leave a voice message or passive or as to e-mail, active filtering of any kind. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a winner based on a Facebook account, the entry will be deemed made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the Facebook account used for entry. The Authorized Account Holder is the natural person who is assigned to the Facebook account by Facebook.
- Entrants who fail to provide any required information may be disqualified without further notification by WRIC. WRIC is not responsible for entries that are lost, misdirected, garbled, distorted, truncated, incomplete, illegible, incorrect or late for any reason, and all such entries are void. WRIC reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time that in its opinion does not comply with these Official Rules. Entries become the property of WRIC and will not be returned or acknowledged.
WINNER SELECTION, NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION
- On October 13, 2015, or within a reasonable time thereafter, WRIC or its designee will randomly choose one (1) name from all timely entries Subject to verification of eligibility, the person whose name is so drawn will be declared the winner.
- WRIC will contact the potential winner in accordance with the information supplied to WRIC on his or her entry form. Winner must respond to initial notification within forty-eight (48) hours and may be required to present valid photo identification and/or to sign an affidavit or declaration of eligibility, liability waiver, publicity release (where legal), tax forms and/or other legal documents to WRIC in person no later than seven (7) days after initial notification and as a condition of receiving prize. WRIC in its sole discretion may allow for transmission of verification documents via fax or e-mail.
- In the event that potential winner (a) cannot be contacted directly by, or does not respond to, WRIC within forty-eight (48) hours of initial attempted notification, (b) fails to satisfy any eligibility or verification requirement herein, (c) declines to accept the prize, or (d) is otherwise determined to be ineligible, WRIC in its discretion may disqualify that individual and an alternate winner will be chosen by random drawing as soon as reasonably practicable after such disqualification. Any alternate winners are subject to all eligibility requirements and restrictions of these Official Rules. If time permits, WRIC will conduct up to three (3) alternate winner drawings. If WRIC cannot verify a winner after three (3) alternate winner drawings or there is not enough time remaining prior to the Show to verify a winner, no further drawings will be held and the prize will not be awarded.
- WRIC may, in its sole discretion, post the verified winner’s name on the Promotion Page and/or any of WRIC’s websites, including wric.com, and broadcast it on any of WRIC’s stations.
- By accepting a prize, winner agrees to award WRIC the right to publicize his or her name, photographs (including the use and appearance of his or her photograph on WRIC’s websites), likeness, biographical information, e-mail address, voice and details of winning for purposes of this and future promotions without further compensation, except where prohibited.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY & DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
- By entering the Promotion, you agree that WRIC, 98.9 The WOLF, Media General, Inc., ABC, Country Music™ Association, Inc., the Country Music Hall of Fame® & Museum, Facebook, any other company involved in the development or administration of this Promotion, and a range of subsidiaries, agencies, affiliates, franchisees, promoters, prize suppliers, directors, officers, employees, agents and related persons (collectively, the “Released Parties”): (a) are not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to lost, disconnected, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail, or for any failed telephone or computer hardware or software, or for any failed, delayed, misdirected, corrupted, or garbled transmissions or errors of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, or for entries that for any reason are not properly submitted or received by WRIC by any deadline stated above; (b) are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or in the printing of this offer, administration of this Promotion, or in the announcement of the winner or prize; (c) are not responsible for any injury or damage to any computer, modem or other electrical device as a result of participation in this Promotion or downloading of any software or materials; (d) are not responsible for unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Promotion; (e) are not responsible for any unauthorized third party use of any entry; (f) are not responsible for the inability to select winner because of postal failure, equipment failure, or data storage failure; and (g) are not responsible for any printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error that may occur in the administration of the Promotion, the acceptance of entries, the selection of winner, the prize or otherwise in any Promotion-related materials.
- RELEASED PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES MADE OR OFFERED BY ADVERTISERS, PARTNERS, MANUFACTURERS OR SUPPLIERS, INCLUDING THOSE RELATED TO prize. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL RELEASED PARTIES BE HELD RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION AND/OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED AND/OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE Promotion OR FOR ERRORS OR ANOMALIES RESULTING IN THE UNINTENDED OR ERRONEOUS PARTICIPATION, AWARD OF prize OR OTHER BENEFITS UNDER THESE OFFICIAL RULES. RELEASED PARTIES OFFER NO ASSURANCES, GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES THAT THE Promotion OR RELATED WEBSITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE AND DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE Promotion.
- By entering the Promotion, you agree to release and hold Released Parties harmless from any and all alleged, existing, or future actions, claims, and/or liabilities of whatever nature including, but not limited to, personal injury, bodily injury (including, without limitation, wrongful death and disability), property damage, and expense (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) and loss or damage of any other kind, relating to or arising from, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, (a) your participation, inability to participate, in the Promotion or any Promotion-related or prize-related activity, (b) the use by Released Parties (including modification, adaptation, and reproduction) of entry materials during or after the Promotion, (c) the delivery, acceptance, possession, redemption, use, misuse, loss, or misdirection of prize, and (d) any other claim or cause of action you may have against any Released Party.
- BY entering THE Promotion, you FURTHER AGREE THAT (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE Promotion, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THE Promotion, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES; AND (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL YOU BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND you HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES.
- SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON THE ABILITY TO PURSUE CLASS ACTION REMEDIES, OR ON CERTAIN KINDS OF DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU IN WHOLE OR IN PART.
- WRIC reserves the right to cancel, suspend or terminate this Promotion, or any part thereof, in the event that WRIC determines, in its sole discretion, that the security, administration, fairness and/or operation of the Promotion has been corrupted or impaired by any non-authorized intervention, network failure, information storage failure, telecommunications failure, malfunction, or any other cause beyond WRIC’s control. In such an event, WRIC will post notice of same at the Promotion Page and select the winner by conducting a random drawing from among all non-suspect entries received prior to the suspension, cancellation or termination of the Promotion or in such other manner as WRIC, in its sole discretion, deems fair and appropriate under the circumstances.
- WRIC reserves the right to disqualify any individual from further participation in the Promotion if WRIC concludes, in its sole discretion, that such person (a) has attempted to tamper with the entry process or other any operation of the Promotion, (b) has repeatedly disregarded or has attempted to circumvent these Official Rules, or (c) has acted towards WRIC or any other Promotion Party or entrant in an unfair, inequitable, deliberately annoying, threatening, disrupting or harassing manner. Tampering includes attempting to enter more than the number of times permitted herein, including through the use of any prohibited device or method. Any failure by WRIC to enforce any of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such Official Rules.
- ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DEFRAUD, TAMPER WITH, OR DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE, THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE Promotion MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS AND WRIC RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PURSUE ANY AVAILABLE DAMAGES OR REMEDIES AGAINST SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND/OR REFER SUCH MATTERS TO LAW ENFORCEMENT FOR PROSECUTION TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- All activity arising out of and relating to the Promotion, including any reference to the status of any person as a “winner,” is subject to verification and/or auditing for compliance with the Official Rules. If WRIC determines, in its sole discretion, that verification or auditing activity evidences non-compliance of an entry and/or entrant with the Official Rules, WRIC reserves the right to disqualify such entry and/or entrant from the Promotion and prize at any time. WRIC reserves the right to conduct a background check on any or all potential winners and to disqualify any individual based on such background check if WRIC determines in its sole discretion that awarding a prize to any such individual might reflect negatively on WRIC. Each entrant agrees to cooperate with WRIC and its representatives in connection with any and all verification, auditing and/or background check activities.
- WRIC reserves the right to correct typographical, printing or clerical errors in any Promotion-related materials. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, WRIC reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing from among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants or Released Parties in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by Virginia law, without giving effect to any choice of law rules that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Virginia. By entering the Promotion, you expressly (a) agree that any legal proceedings arising out of or relating in any way to this Promotion or these Official Rules shall be brought only in the federal or state courts located in the Independent City of Richmond, Virginia, and (b) consent to the mandatory and exclusive jurisdiction in such courts with respect to any such legal proceedings.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between any terms or conditions of these Official Rules and any disclosures or other statements contained in any other Promotion-related materials, including but not limited to the Promotion entry forms, or point of sale, television, print, mobile or online advertising, the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. In the event that any provision of these Official Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- Facebook is not a sponsor of this Promotion. Any third party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third party trademarks in these Official Rules or in the Promotion is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of the
Winner’s Name/OFFICIAL RULES
- For a copy of the Official Rules or the final Winner’s Name, visit the Promotion Page or wric.com or mail a SASE to: CMA Awards Show Getaway c/o WRIC, 301 Arboretum Place, Richmond, VA 23236, specifying either “Winner’s Name” or “Official Rules.” Winner’s Name will be available after November 13, 2015.