Road closures, course schedules & course maps for Richmond 2015

Richmond 2015 has a new logo for the September 2015 world championship bicycling event. Courtesy of Richmond 2015. Logo designed by The Martin Agency

RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — During the UCI Road World Championships 2015, you may find it hard to get around Richmond due to so many road closures. 8News has compiled an extensive list of the bike race courses, the course schedules, and road closures so you can be prepared before heading out.

Race course maps and schedule:

• Men’s Elite Individual Time Trial
  • Map of the course: Men’s Elite Individual Time Trial
  • Day and Time: September 23, 1:00 p.m. to 3:35 p.m.
  • Road Circuit
  • Map of the course: Road Circuit
  • Road Circuit Training: September 24, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
  • Women’s Junior Road Circuit: September 25, 10:00 a.m. to 11:50 a.m.
  • Conquer the Cobbles Ride: September 25, 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
  • Men’s Under 23 Road Circuit: September 25, 12:45 p.m. to 4:50 p.m.
  • Men’s Junior Road Circuit: September 26, 9:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
  • Women’s Elite Road Circuit: September 26, 1:00 p.m. to 4:25 p.m.
  • Men’s Elite Road Circuit: September 27, 9:00 a.m. to 3:40 p.m.
  • Team Time Trial
  • Map of the course: Team Time Trial
  • Team Time Trial Training: September 19, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
  • Women’s Team Time Trial: September 20, 11:30 a.m. to 12:55 p.m.
  • Men’s Team Time Trial: September 20, 1:30 p.m. to 3:35 p.m.
  • Time Trial Circuit
  • Map of the course: Time Trial Circuit
  • Time Trial Training: September 19, 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
  • Women’s Junior Time Trial: September 21, 10:00 a.m. to 11:10 a.m.
  • Men’s Under 23 Time Trial: September 21, 11:30 a.m. to 3:50 p.m.
  • Men’s Junior Time Trial: September 22, 9:30 a.m. to 1:05 p.m.
  • Women’s Elite Time Trial: September 22, 1:30 p.m. to 4:45 p.m.

• The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) has released an extensive list of road closures during the races.
    • I-95 north/south exit ramps to Broad Street (Exit 74C) will be closed continuously from 5 a.m. September 19 through 7 p.m. September 27. Drivers heading northbound will be able to use the 74C exit ramp to Broad Street/Route 33 east
    • September 19- 27,  8 a.m.- 2:30 p.m.Ramp closures:
      · I-95 north/south Exit 74C to Broad Street (closed to westbound traffic)
      o Note: this is a continuous closure Sept. 19-27
      · I-95 south Exit 78 to the Boulevard (full ramp closure)
      · I-95 north Exit 80 to Hermitage Road (traffic can turn left onto Westbrook Avenue)
      · Pocahontas Parkway/Route 895 ramps at New Market Road/Route 5
    • September 20, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.Ramp closures:
      ·I-95 north/south Exit 74C to Broad Street (closed to westbound traffic)
      o Note: this is a continuous closure Sept. 19-27
      · I-95 south Exit 78 to the Boulevard (full ramp closure)
      · Pocahontas Parkway/Route 895 ramps at New Market Road/Route 5
    • September 21, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.Ramp closures:
      · I-95 north/south Exit 74C to Broad Street (closed to westbound traffic)
      o Note: this is a continuous closure Sept. 19-27
    • September 22 from approximately 8 a.m.- 6 p.m.Ramp closures:
      · I-95 north/south Exit 74C to Broad Street (closed to westbound traffic)
      o Note: this is a continuous closure Sept. 19-27
    • September 23, 12 p.m.- 5 p.m.Ramp/road closures:
      · I-95 north/south Exit 74C ramps to Broad Street (closed to westbound traffic)
      o Note: this is a continuous closure Sept. 19-27
      · Kings Dominion Boulevard/Dawn Boulevard/Route 30 east will be closed from Kings Dominion to Route 301. Passenger vehicle traffic can use Old Dawn Road (Route 651) to Concord Road and Signboard Road west. Truck traffic can use Route 301 towards Caroline County to Rogers Clark Boulevard (Route 207)
      · Hanover Courthouse Road (Route 301) will be closed between the Caroline County line and Georgetown Road (Route 651).
      · Traffic will be limited on the following routes in Hanover during this time: Baylor Road (Route 651), Riva Ridge Road (Route 652), Meadow Farm Road (Route 652), Sadie Lane (Route 725), Quash Lane, Middlebrook Drive, Signboard Road (Route 652), Gregory Road (Route 662), Concord Road (Route 602), Mt. Gideon Road (Route 651), Secretariat Road and Todd Lane. Drivers can use the posted local detours.
      · I-295 north/south Exits 41B to Chamberlayne Avenue (Route 301) southbound will be closed.
    • September 24, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.Ramp closures:
      · I-95 north/south Exit 74C to Broad Street (closed to westbound traffic)
      o Note: this is a continuous closure Sept. 19-27
      · I-95 south Exit 74B ramp to Franklin Street will be closed
    • September 25, 9 a.m.- 1 p.m.Ramp closures:
      · I-95 north/south Exit 74C to Broad Street (closed to westbound traffic)
      o Note: this is a continuous closure Sept. 19-27
      · I-95 south Exit 74B ramp to Franklin Street will be closed
    • September 26, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.
      Ramp closures:
      · I-95 north/south Exit 74C to Broad Street (closed to westbound traffic)
      o Note: this is a continuous closure Sept. 19-27
      · I-95 south Exit 74B ramp to Franklin Street will be closed
    • Sunday, September 27, 8 a.m.- 6 p.m.
      Ramp closures:
      · I-95 north/south Exit 74C to Broad Street (closed to westbound traffic)
      o Note: this is a continuous closure Sept. 19-27
      · I-95 south Exit 74B ramp to Franklin Street will be closedDaily alternate routes:
      To the Medical College of Virginia (MCV) area: Take Exit 75 (I-64 east/3rd Street).
      To the Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) campus/Fan area: Take Exit 78 (the Boulevard) south to Cary Street (Route 147).
      To the Capitol area: Take Exit 73 (Maury Street) and follow the posted detour.
      To Shockoe area: From I-95 north, take Exit 74C (E. Broad Street)

For complete coverage visit our UCI Road World Championships page.