RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Businesses and schools in Richmond are making adjustments to help accommodate Richmond 2015 UCI Road World Championship race being held September 19-27. Richmond 2015 is a nine-day cycling competition. 450,000 spectators and 1,000 athletes from all over the world are expected to come to Central Virginia for the race.
Some businesses will be closed or will have a change in their hours of operation. Richmond Public Schools, Henrico Public Schools, and Virginia Commonwealth University have made changes in their school/class schedules due to the race.
Below is a list of businesses that will have changes to their hours of operations and school closures.
- Richmond Public Schools: Two-hour early dismissal Thursday,September 24 and closure of schools and offices Friday,September 25 for UCI Championships. Additional communication will follow for parents.
- Henrico Public Schools: No school September 23
- Virginia Commonwealth University: No classes September 21 through September 25
- Richmond Public Health Department will have several schedule changes:
- Vital Records and Environmental Health (restaurant/food safety permit) services will be provided at regular work hours, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on the first floor. Only the Cary Street Entrance will be open.
- No clinical services will be offered at 400 E. Cary Street the week of September 21-25.
- The WIC office at 400 E. Cary Street will also be closed, but WIC services at the following locations will operate per the provided schedule:Richmond Community Hospital
- Mon – Fri 7:30-4:30
- open until 6:00 Wednesday, 9/23
- 1510 N. 28th St., Suite 208, 23219
- Southside Community Services Center
- Mon – Fri 8:00-5:00
- Open until 6:00 Tuesday, 9/22
- 509 E. Southside Plaza, 23224
- People seeking STI services the week of the race may contact other local health departments, such as Chesterfield County Health Department at 804-748-1750 or Henrico Health Department at 804-652-3190.