High Heels for High Hopes “Fact Sheet”
Mission Info: The March of Dimes, the leading nonprofit organization for maternal and infant health, has worked for more than 75 years to help babies get a healthy start in life. Prematurity birth is the leading cause of newborn death and children up the age of 5 in the United States.
- Babies who survive an early birth may have lifelong health and learning disabilities. About 4 million babies were born in the United States last year, and the March of Dimes helped each and every one through research, education, vaccines, and breakthroughs.
- High Heels for High Hopes is a fundraiser to fund the work our mission. We are proud to be this year’s Co-Chairs for the event on October 1st!
- It’s a High-end fashion event, emceed by Channel 8 News Anchor, Aimee Lacey, featuring 27 influential Richmond women and men who will be modeling fall fashion styles from local retailers as well as 5 children and a dog.
- This year’s Signature sponsor for the event is Children’s Hospital at VCU Medical Center.
Gold sponsor: Ernst & Young
- Retailers featured will be: Buttons & Bows, cabi, Chico’s, Claville’,Talbots, Wardrobe, White House Black Market, Peter Blair, and J. Hilburn
- Along with walking the runway, each model has set a goal to raise $2,000 for March of Dimes!
- Date: Thursday, October 1st 2015 from 5:45-9:30PM
- Enjoy a fashion show evening filled with cocktails, hor d’oeuves, models, auction items and fund the mission
- Attire: Dressy business to cocktail
- Tickets $75 (includes 1 drink ticket and 1 raffle ticket for a luxury item)
- For more information and to purchase ticket please visit our website
- Event Goal: $75,000
2 fundraising days:
Sept. 26th– Buttons & Bows- 11-4pm
Nov. 7th – Talbots (Both shops at the River Road)– 11-4pm