RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC)— Looking to spot a race under the lights, have a ball at a block party, sing “Happy Birthday”, or listen to blues in the park? Look no further…this weekend’s line up has got all your needs!
Race by the Southside Speedway for a Friday Night Under the Lights. Don’t miss this chance to see seven divisions of stock car racing at “The Toughest Short Track in the South”.
With only five races left in the season, there’s still time to see these drivers race it out on the track and “gain some points in battle” says the Southside Speedway.
The next race will be on July 31 as a make-up for the cancelled July 10 race. If you purchased a ticket or wristband for the previous race it can be used for entry into the one on July 24 or July 31.
On your marks, get set, gooooo and see these drivers give it their all this Friday Night Under the Lights!
- Where: 12800 Genito Road, Midlothian, VA 23112
- When: July 24 Gates open at 6 p.m., practice begins at 5:20 p.m., qualifying starts at 6 p.m., and racing starts at 7:30 p.m.
- Price: Adults—$15, Seniors(60+) and Military—$13, Ages 6-11— $8 and Ages 5 and below—Free
Also coming up this weekend:
- Essex Block Party A community outreach event to bring awareness on the importance of mental health hosted by Behavioral Health Services of Virginia.
This event will have food, games, prizes, raffles, a DJ and more.
Where: Essex Village Apartments— 3901 Pilots Ln, Richmond, VA
When: July 24 11 a.m.-3 p.m
This event is free and open to the public
- “Man of La Mancha” at Dogwood Dell Bring your family out to this five-time Tony Award winning Broadway production this weekend at Dogwood Dell.
Where: 6000 S. Blvd., Richmond, VA
When: July 24-26 8:30 p.m.
- Richmond Reptile Expo There will be hundreds of your favorite creepy, crawly, and scaly critters up for sale at this event.
Where: Richmond International Raceway—602 E Laburmun Ave, Richmond, VA
When: July 25 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Price: Adults— $8 Children ages 2 to 9—$3
- Blue Bee Cider Birthday Bash is celebrating their 2nd birthday, don’t worry they’re not experiencing the terrible two’s, just a terrible case of excitement. Camden’s Dogtown Market will be serving up yummy food until 5:00 p.m., and if you’re craving something sweet they will be debuting dessert cider flights courtesy of Harvest Ration, Firecracker and ginger-dark chocolate bars from Gearhart’s Fine Chocolates, and to top it all off—a birthday cake from Shyndigz at 2 p.m. Plus, The Folly will be performing live from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Where: 212 W. 6th Street, Richmond, VA
When: July 25 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Rock ‘n’ Roll Summer A continuation of this summer’s live tribute band series. Rock out this Saturday with Crowded Streets— Dave Matthews Band Tribute
Where: West Broad Village— 3939 Duckling Drive Glen Allen VA
When: July 25 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Blues In the Vineyard The event organizers say you should “Bring your family & friends for a beautiful day in the country as local Blues musicians gather to play for this fun, relaxed annual celebration of the Blues.”
This year’s entertainment will be The Bush League. There will be food and wine tasting through out the evening. The winery will open at 11:00 a.m.
Where: 4675 East Grey Fox Circle, Gum Spring, VA 23065
When: July 26 1 p.m to 6 p.m.
Price: Free, $5 for wine tasting
This event is dog-friendly and kid-friendly
- Christmas in July Even though the heat is up this July, CMoR is already celebrating Christmas. Join them for holiday activities and treats, a visit from the Grinch, Snow Queen, and Elves.
There will also be sign-ups for Santa Club.
Where: CMoR Central: 2626 West Broad St., Richmond, VA
When: July 26 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Price: Free with museum admission
Did we miss anything you wanted to see? Send us an email at iReport8@wric.com.