RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Looking to kick back with a cool brew, listen to some groovy tunes, or maybe even discover some scientific and historic wonders? Look no further…this weekend’s line up has got all your needs.
Join Capital Ale House for a “finely crafted beer event” at this weekend’s National Beer Expo. They will be showcasing over 200 artisan-made craft beers from all over the country served up just right with tastings, tours, activities and other special events. Come out Friday night for a Taco Throwdown presented by Style Weekly, followed by the Walk Around Grand Tasting on Saturday. There will also be multiple events going on through out each day.
This is an event you don’t want to miss, so raise your glass to the National Beer Expo.
- Where: 403 North 3rd Street, Richmond
- When: July 17 5:30-9:30 p.m. and July 18 2:00-6:00 p.m. Doors open at Noon if you have a VIP ticket
- Price: VIP Admission: $54 Regular Admission: $42 Prices for other events vary—please visit the link for more details
Also coming up this weekend
- Step up to the plate with Richmond’s very own Flying Squirrels this weekend as they host a series of exciting events while they go head to head with the Altoona Curve and then the Akron Rubberducks.
Where: The Diamond; 3001 N Boulevard, Richmond, VA
When: July 17— Gates open at 5:00 p.m. Game starts at 5:35 p.m., July 18— Gates open at 4:30 p.m. Game starts at 6:05 p.m.
Price: Varies please check website for details
- Target $1 Family Night Bring your whole family to The Children Museum of Richmond—Central’s Family Night sponsored by Target.
For the whopping price of $1 you too can enjoy an evening of fun!
Where: Children’s Museum of Richmond—Central : 2626 West Broad St., Richmond
When: July 17 5:00-7:30 p.m.
Price: $1 per person
*Important Info*: 1 adult chaperon required per every 5 children that check in
- Science After Dark Pedal on over to the Science Museum of Richmond for an exhilarating evening of scientific discovery ranging from ice cream making,
dissections, a live showing of Cosmic Expeditions and so much more!
Where: Science Museum of Virginia—2500 W Broad St, Richmond, VA
When:July 17 5:00-9:00 p.m.
Price: $5 or free for members. College students with ID will receive free admission
- Summer Moon Music Festival Center of the Universe presents its 3rd annual Summer Moon Music Festival.
Come on out and see 13 local bands compete for their charity of choice, enjoy the fine eatery at the multiple food trucks, listen to some music, and maybe have a drink or two.
Where: 11293 Air Park Road, Ashland, VA
When: July 18 1:00-10:00 p.m. and July 19 1:00-8:00 p.m.
*Important Info*: If you bring your dog, please have them on a leash, there are tents and coverage in the event of inclement weather
- Rebuild America Block Party Members of the Richmond-area Rebuild America will be hosting their second block party to celebrate their completed volunteer work.
This event will feature music, food, games, medical screenings, clothing and toy giveaways, and free haircuts.
Where: Ratcliffe Elementary School—2901 Thalen St., Henrico, Va 23223
When: July 18 11:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Richmond Railroad Museum’s 100th Anniversary of Hull Street Station Richmond Railroad Museum will be celebrating the 100th anniversary of Hull St. Station.
This celebration will feature live music, telegraph presentations, period costumes, and refreshments.
Where: 102 Hull Street, Richmond
When: July 18 1:00-5:00 p.m.
This event is free and open to the public
- Carytown and Byrd Theatre Walking Tour Come take a stroll through Carytown’s most fascinating scenes.
The tour will begin at Nacho Mama’s and will explore the Cary Court Shopping Center and a behind the scenes tour of the historical Byrd Theatre.
Where: 3449 West Cary Street, Richmond
When: July 19 2:00-4:00 p.m.
Price: $15 per person, $5 for Valentine Members (cash or check), walk-ups are welcome
Parking: On street parking is available
- National Night Out Kickoff The Chesterfield County Police Dept. is partnering with Westchester Commons Shopping Center to host a National Night Out event this Sunday. National Night Out was started to increase crime and drug-prevention awareness, develop and strengthen partnerships between police and residents, and generate support for anti-crime programs. This event will feature a performance by Flat Elvis as part as the Westchester concert series. There will also be visits from McGruff the Crime Dog, VCU LifeEvac, and others.
Where:Village Green at Westchester Commons Shopping Center—located near the interchange of Route 288 and Midlothian Turnpike
When: July 19 3:00-5:30 p.m.
Did we miss anything you wanted to see? Send us an email at iReport8@wric.com.