Kitchen fire leaves 2 Henrico residents displaced

HENRICO, Va. (WRIC) — Two people have been displaced after the kitchen inside their home in Henrico caught fire Sunday evening.

The fire occurred shortly after 8 p.m. in the 1900 block of North Battery Drive. First arriving units found smoke coming from the front door and flames coming from inside the kitchen of the single-story home.

The fire, which was determined to have been accidental and caused by unattended cooking in the kitchen, was quickly extinguished and contained to the kitchen.

IMG_1485No was one home during the fire. Because of the quick extinguishment, two two individuals will only be displaced for a short period of time.

Captain Danny Rosenbaum with Henrico Fire and EMS would like to remind the public that cooking fires are the number one cause of home fires and home injuries, and that the leading cause of kitchen fires is unattended cooking.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s