A 2-year-old girl in Colorado had some explaining to do Tuesday after her mom found her standing in the living room covered from head to toe in white paint.
The toddler, Anistyn Farmer, discovered the paint in a not-totally-shut bucket left in the living room of the family’s home. Anistyn’s mother, Victoria, said she’d been painting the walls the night before as she and the family are preparing to sell their home.
“It was horrible,” Farmer told local ABC affiliate KMGH-TV in Denver. “She [apparently] got into the bucket and submerged herself.”
ABC US News | World News
Farmer was in another room of the house nursing her son when she said she was alerted by a sudden quietness. She knew then that something was wrong — very wrong.
“I look like an irresponsible parent, but she’s just really quick,” Farmer told KMGH. “I said ‘Anistyn,’ and she just stood there frozen and didn’t say anything.”
Farmer’s picture of the incident shows not just Anistyn drenched in white paint, but you can see tiny white footprints across the floor and white paint over the fireplace.
Farmer said her daughter started the “terrible twos” about six months early. She said she put Anistyn in the tub after the paint incident to clean her up. The rest of the family room, however, is still a work in progress.
“The paint came off pretty easily, but I don’t think she wanted it to come off,” Farmer said. “We’re still cleaning paint off the floor.”