RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Do your interests range from pets to music or maybe even comedy to tomatoes? Whatever it is, we’ve got the weekend line up to suit all your needs!
Where can you find games, vendors, and ripe juicy tomatoes all in one place…that’s right The Hanover Tomato Festival!
Come on out this Saturday, July 11 to Hanover’s premiere festival. The Hanover Tomato Festival is a free, family-oriented event with live musical entertainment, rides, games, a petting zoo, over 200 vendors, delicious tomato dishes, the crowning of Little Miss and Tiny Miss Tomato, Hanover Tomatoes and much more.
Where:8996 Pole Green Park Ln. Mechanicsville, VA 23116
When: July 11 9 a.m.to 4 p.m.
Also coming up this weekend:
- Highlights of Hollywood Cemetery Walking Tour Come on out and learn about the cemetery’s history, artwork, symbolism , and famous residents- including two U.S. presidents, Confederate President Jefferson Davis, and many more.
Where: Hollywood Cemetery; 412 S. Cherry St.
When: July 10 – July 12 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Price: The tour is $15 for non-members and $5 for members and children ages 12 and under . Payment can be received by cash or check. Walk-Ups are welcome
Parking: Available on the street near the cemetery
- Tim Gaither Live at The Funny Bone
Come have a laugh with Tim Gaither as he performs at the Funny Bone this weekend.
Where:11800 West Broad Street
When: July 10 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. , July 11 and 12 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Price: $15 on Friday and Saturday, $12 on Sunday- Tickets are available for purchase online
- Feeling adventurous, curious, or maybe a little of both? Come Experience the Excavation in Progress sponsored by the National Park Service, Groundwork RVA, and Richmond high school students.
Where: Glendale Battlefield, part of Richmond Battlefield Park, Richmond, VA 23231
When: July 10 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Parking: Public and media should park at the Glendale Visitor Center (8301 Willis Church Road, Richmond, VA 23231) and will be shuttled to the archaeological site
- Looking to spend some quality time with your pet…look no further — bring them to the Richmond Pet Expo!
This event will feature over 100 pet-friendly exhibitors and rescue groups, live demonstrations in agility, obedience training, pet care, & activism, great giveaways and prizes, amazing discounts on your favorite pet products, talent contest and costume contest, fabulous retailers and much more fun for the whole family! There will also be a huge adoption event, so if you’e searching for a new addition to the family, the Richmond Pet Expo may be the place for you!
Where: Richmond International Raceway Complex; 600 E Laburnum Avenue Richmond, VA
When: July 11 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Important Info: Please have proof of current age-appropriate immunizations (if applicable) for your pet(s) and have your dog on a non-retractable lead.
*Admission and parking are both free
- Music and a nice view? Swing by the Arbor Day Benefit Concert
There will be performances by Ben Shepherd, Avers, and Full Moon Fever.
Where: 1708 Pump House Drive Richmond VA United States
When: July 11 Noon to 4 p.m.
Price: $5 at the door (cash or credit card)
Parking: Free and available at North Bank Trail lot on Pump House Drive, Barker Field lot, Dogwood Dell lot, and Rugby Road.
Proceeds from this event will benefit The James River Park System
Kings Dominion is hosting its first ever Kids Fest with two full days of special kids’ activities and entertainment at Planet Snoopy. This event will feature musical performances, dance party, crafts, and so much more.
Where: Kings Dominion
When: July 11 and July 12 Noon. to 5 p.m.
Price: General park admission
- Feeling jazzy? Come on out to Jammin’ On the James
The Central Virginia Jazz Orchestra will be performing some signature tunes. There will also be crafts, face-painting, games, and tours. Bring your own picnic style dinner and lawn chairs and listen to the sweet music as you overlook the James River.
Where: , 215 S. Wilton Rd. Richmond, VA 23226
When: July 11 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Price: Free to the public, donations are welcome
- The Richmond Cooperative Expo is hosting their third annual Summer Picnic. swing by for an afternoon of food, music, and games fit for the whole family
Where: 4021 Forest Hill Avenue Richmond VA ; Picnic Shelter #1
When: July 12 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Price: Free and open to the public
- The monthly Music In the Park is back at Forest Hill Park this Sunday. Bring your own picnic baskets and blankets and enjoy the music in the park.
Where: 4021 Forest Hill Ave, Richmond, VA
When: July 12 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Price:Free and open to the public
Did we miss anything you wanted to see? Send us an email at iReport8@wric.com